On a whim I decided to join Tom Barrett’s 28 days of writing challenge….yesterday.
It’s a stretch for me….a big stretch, this blog has been in the back of my mind for three years now, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do…but when the to-do list gets going, this gets pushed to the bottom.
But now..I have to do it, 28 minutes a day, for 28 days. I’m a little nervous I’ve set myself up to fail, but at the same time hopeful it will turn into something positive and move this blog to the top of the to-do list daily.
I figured since I decided to do this so last minute I would use todays time to list out some ideas, think about the purpose of this blog and what I hope to accomplish through this blog.
First, the purpose: To support teachers with resources, ideas and encouragement for making changes in their classroom.
Second, What I hope to accomplish: I hope to become a safe place that teachers can come to, where they will feel accepted and supported as they think about new ideas or look for new things to try.
- Coaching Course…experiencing being a newbie again
- Teaching Online…what I’ve learned (making the transition from face-to-face 5th graders, to teaching adults online)
- Explore a variety of Web 2.0 Tools, I have an ever growing list of ones that I have not yet had a chance to explore
- iPad Apps, I really need to explore these more
- Making Changes
- My Goals as an eCourse Facilitator
- How I hope to change my courses
- Find quotes/images to use as writing prompts
That’s all I have so far, I’m looking forward to more coming through as we get going. I’m also hoping that through these 28 days, I learn what works for me when it comes to blogging and how I can move forward to make this a useful resource.
I’m nearing the end of my 28 minutes…although this first round I let myself get a little distracted, and probably didn’t use time most efficiently, I think I have a good direction and I’m excited for the month!