Have I been an active participant in the online discussions and webinars?
- I think I was, it took me a while to speak out in the actual webinars, but as I started feeling more comfortable with the content and my colleagues I started to speak up more. I tried to participate in all discussions on the discussion boards and responded whenever someone commented on my post. I think I could have engaged with other participants though and responded to their individual posts more often.
What new knowledge/skills have I gained? And do I feel confident in my understanding of it?
- I learned a great deal from this course!
- active listening
- utilizing protocols to bring groups together and help them move forward
- Connected Coaching Wayfinding
- Webinar ideas that I can incorporate into the classes that I will be teaching
In what ways have I incorporated my knowledge of educational technology?
- For me, I think it has been incorporated throughout because that is how I have approached everything. I started this course because I wanted to develop more skills to support teachers as they transform their teaching. I think that definitely includes the concept of educational technolog and TPACK.
Have I had an opportunity to apply my new skills yet? If so, how did it go?
- I have posted a few messages in the PLP lite community, I found it challenging to jump in. I wonder if it would have been easier if we had been with them from the beginning, because I almost felt like I was walking in on a conversation and didn’t want to step on any toes or ask a question that had already been addressed.
- I enjoyed practicing my new skills when we had a chance to verbally practice with colleagues during our webinars. It was definitely a safe environment to practice our new skills.
The rest of my reflection….